Naltrexone in the News!Feb 16, 2023
I'm excited at the fact that naltrexone has been mentioned in several news publications this week! 🙌
It's encouraging to see because even though naltrexone has been known to be an effective treatment for AUD for decades, it does not get the attention it deserves (don't even get me started).
However, a recent study was conducted that showed how this medication can help those who experience AUD, so it's making the headlines...hooray!
I wanted to share some of these recent stories with you all – and I am also linking a couple of older media mentions as well about this powerful medication.
Recent media mentions of naltrexone:
- The New York Times: Binge Drinking May Be Curbed With a Pill
- Good Morning America: Taking a One-Time Pill May Help Curb Binge Drinking, Study Finds
- Advisory Board: Could a Pill Help Prevent Binge Drinking?
Previous media mentions of naltrexone:
- The Free Press: Drink Your Way to Sobriety in 2023
- The Atlantic: The Irrationality of Alcoholics Anonymous
- NBC News: A Sober Approach: Can Modern Medicine Help Alcoholics Recover?
- The American Journal of Psychiatry: Naltrexone & Alcohol Use
These stories definitely give credibility to this treatment (as do the thousands of medical papers researching the use of this medicine for AUD) – especially if you have a loved one who is skeptical about TSM.